Amarillo, United States
Amarillo is the cultural and business center of the Texas Panhandle. Amarillo has established itself as one of the world's busiest cattle shipping centers. Now Amarillo has become a major world force in the development of natural gas, providing pipelines to many large cities and towns throughout the U.S. Today Amarillo boasts a diversified economy featuring heavy manufacturing, petrochemicals, farming and modern ranching.
Places to visit-
- Cadillac Ranch- Cadillac Ranch is not an actual ranch but rather a public art display. Automobile enthusiasts will notice a number of interesting, defining features that differ among the automobiles.
- Route 66 Historic District
- Jack Sisemore Traveland RV Museum- Some of the more interesting vehicles in the museum include the oldest Fleetwood in existence and the Flexible Bus from the movie RV.
- Amarillo Botanical Gardens- The beautiful grounds are often used for weddings and other private events.
- American Quarter Horse Heritage Center & Museum- The museum includes paintings of the horses that have been honored as members of the Hall of Fame.
- Don Harrington Discovery Center
- Wonderland Amusement Park- The Park features several rollercoasters with names like the Texas Tornado, Cyclone, and Hornet.
- Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts- It hosts a large number of events throughout the year, including concerts, ballet performances, symphony orchestra performances, theatrical productions.
- Bill's Backyard Classics- The museum houses a collection of nearly 100 classic cars.
Where to stay?
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West- It is Located in the heart of the Texas Panhandle. It provides free hot breakfast, Clean and fresh Hampton bed and free Wi-Fi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo- All rooms come fully equipped with a microwave, wet bar and refrigerator. This Amarillo hotel features a spectacular indoor heated pool with hot tub, and a fitness center.
- Homewood Suites Amarillo- It provides the easy access to Amarillo corporations and close proximity to many attractions.